Big security breach recently was found in Skype app for Android that let other apps to access data on your phone. Keep reading to discover what you need to do in this situation.
Nature of Problem
According to AndroidPolice.com, the malicious app gathers all of your personal data to further share it with others. This security proneness can get information like Skype username, contacts detail, profile information and messages logs. This is not it your other highly sensitive data like Account balance ,your name , DOB, email addresses , phone numbers , biography and much more can easily be compromised.
AndroidPolice.com further clarified that Skype wrongly missed to secure these files that not only let anyone or apps to read your personal information but also are unencrypted.
Suppose you unintentionally download some malicious app your data within phone can be accessed without your consent although information about credit cards is safe but still you can envisage other information at brink of being compromised.
Apps that are affected
Well AndroidPolice.com reported about Skype Video app is missing necessary permission when they tested leaked version. Not only this, standard Skype app for android also presents same threats.
How can anyone protect themselves?
As of now the Skype is working on this app to protect it but from now on all users are advised to not download any unknown app on their phones
Now the question arises how a layman can differentiate between malicious and protected apps. Well it is very hard to tell but you can follow the steps below to find out:
- Do not rely on User Review only for App but to verify it by research like who is the developer of this app and its credibility.
- While installing app you will see lot of on screen option to select that will access various information within your phone so read it carefully and select those that are necessary.
- If any app while installing or removing asks for some special permissions don’t do it.
- You can also check the access of any app that you already installed by going to Setting > Applications—as most android follow the same hierarchy
- You are also suggested to install an app for mobile security for instance Lookout Mobile Security app
I hope by following these precautionary measures will secure your data on Android smartphone that happened due to Skype app for android.
Read These Too:
- Picture you are about to see displays best smartphones available in market as we speak which includes iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy… »
- It is sometime irritating when you like to watch your favorite video on giant LCD fixed in your room but have to get up, plug a… »
- Transformation of technology bringing ease by every passing day. For instance communication were never easy as of now due to… »
- One thought often strike to my mind what could be the possible next level of mobile phones. Smartphone getting lighter and… »
- Recently Chairman of Huawei devices showed upcoming phone Ascend Mate. The phone is yet to be released and therefore less… »
- Here is the good news for European holding LG Optimus 2X that almost after six months of company flagship phone finally getting… »
- Google announced the change for their Applications usage and removes the free offer Apps for Business service for… »
- Chinese smartphone manufacture ZTE though new in the market but not that new if you talked about generally. They surely have… »
- It was during the launch day of Windows Phone 8 that Google has decided to strike a blow with the announcement of its new Nexus… »
- Apple esthetic sense towards design or name is always admirable. You just explore the history and surely convince that Apple… »
- check out the exciting features of Apple's much anticipated tablet called iPad 3. Following video is sum up key added features… »
- In the modern business, traditional IT infrastructure has been turned on its head as many companies are going with cloud… »
- Apple life cycle for the lunch of iPad is going to end on March and everyone is wonder what upcoming device would look like.… »