Call it good news or a bad one but this really seems biggest deal of the 2011 so far. Today Google announced to acquire Motorola Mobility at $40/share that makes a total deal of $12.5 Billion. This way not only Google control a huge market of Motorola Android phones sets but also get a chance to market Android OS properly across globe with over 80 years of goodwill by Motorola. Read the whole Google press release in detail below:
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and LIBERTYVILLE, IL – AUGUST 15, 2011 – Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire Motorola Mobility for $40.00 per share in cash, or a total of about $12.5 billion, a premium of 63% to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares on Friday, August 12, 2011. The transaction was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies.
The acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a dedicated Android partner, will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing. Motorola Mobility will remain a licensee of Android and Android will remain open. Google will run Motorola Mobility as a separate business.
Larry Page, CEO of Google, said, “Motorola Mobility’s total commitment to Android has created a natural fit for our two companies. Together, we will create amazing user experiences that supercharge the entire Android ecosystem for the benefit of consumers, partners and developers. I look forward to welcoming Motorolans to our family of Googlers.”
Sanjay Jha, CEO of Motorola Mobility, said, “This transaction offers significant value for Motorola Mobility’s stockholders and provides compelling new opportunities for our employees, customers, and partners around the world. We have shared a productive partnership with Google to advance the Android platform, and now through this combination we will be able to do even more to innovate and deliver outstanding mobility solutions across our mobile devices and home businesses.”
Andy Rubin, Senior Vice President of Mobile at Google, said, “We expect that this combination will enable us to break new ground for the Android ecosystem. However, our vision for Android is unchanged and Google remains firmly committed to Android as an open platform and a vibrant open source community. We will continue to work with all of our valued Android partners to develop and distribute innovative Android-powered devices.”
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of regulatory approvals in the US, the European Union and other jurisdictions, and the approval of Motorola Mobility’s stockholders. The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2011 or early 2012.
Read These Too:
- Picture you are about to see displays best smartphones available in market as we speak which includes iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy… »
- It is sometime irritating when you like to watch your favorite video on giant LCD fixed in your room but have to get up, plug a… »
- Transformation of technology bringing ease by every passing day. For instance communication were never easy as of now due to… »
- One thought often strike to my mind what could be the possible next level of mobile phones. Smartphone getting lighter and… »
- Recently Chairman of Huawei devices showed upcoming phone Ascend Mate. The phone is yet to be released and therefore less… »
- Here is the good news for European holding LG Optimus 2X that almost after six months of company flagship phone finally getting… »
- Google announced the change for their Applications usage and removes the free offer Apps for Business service for… »
- Chinese smartphone manufacture ZTE though new in the market but not that new if you talked about generally. They surely have… »
- It was during the launch day of Windows Phone 8 that Google has decided to strike a blow with the announcement of its new Nexus… »
- Apple esthetic sense towards design or name is always admirable. You just explore the history and surely convince that Apple… »
- check out the exciting features of Apple's much anticipated tablet called iPad 3. Following video is sum up key added features… »
- In the modern business, traditional IT infrastructure has been turned on its head as many companies are going with cloud… »
- Apple life cycle for the lunch of iPad is going to end on March and everyone is wonder what upcoming device would look like.… »